スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

4 Hesitant croquette 【 Kamakura Thousand Tales】 鎌倉千一夜〜魑魅魍魎跋扈躑躅の躊躇



This fried food specialty shop is on the road from Zaimokuza to Zushi Marina.Standing cozy in the place where you entered the path beside the liquor store,There is always a flyer through the glass facing the path.I was storing bubbling bubbles.Pork cutlet, croquette, menchi, ham cutlet...Familiar all-star pops out of the foam with a brown color.It has a fragrant scent. If I buy croquettes here,I bought a can of beer at the liquor store on the corner and headed for Zaimokuza beach.In the summer when the sun is long, you can make it in time for sunset even on my way home from work.This sunset evening drink "Hama Beer" at a pace of about once every two daysenjoy. It's not just me, but similar silhouettes line the beach here and there.As a rule of thumb, everyone keeps deep-fried food close to their skin and bites it from the bag one bite at a time, so it's perfect to prevent black kites from overhead snatching.

When the sun sets over Inamuragasaki and it gets dark,as we had agreed, the evening drink is over and we head home in the afternoon.From Zaimokuza beach through a tunnel under Route 134,I see a face I haven't seen in a long time.

"Oh, Inada-san, I've been neglecting you for a long time.You came, was it beach beer after all? ”

"I wonder how many years it's been since I came here.It reminds me of the old days for a moment."

"Did you forget something?"

"Everything"

I want to hear more about it because it's a content that I can't ignore,

Returning through the tunnel once again to the concrete ridge protruding onto the beach,sit down side by side.

"It's embarrassing, but I thought I saw your face, so I started talking to you, but I actually forgot your name.I think I hit my head when I had a stroke last winter.My life was saved, but a lot of things have disappeared from my memory."

"Is that so... I'm Sakata.I used to go to Inada's calligraphy class.Thanks to you, even after retirement from the company, at Jomyoji,I write a goshuin-cho."

"Oh, did I do a calligraphy class? Lately I've gotten to the point where I can't even write."

"Would you like to write it down?"

The characters written at the temple are always the same, so don't get stuck.

When there are few visitors, use the brush pen I carry around.I try to write various characters.

"This is the only paper I have."

Take out one sheet from the cylinder where several sheets of Japanese paper are rolled up.I brushed the sand off the concrete by hand and weighed the paper with a stone.

"I'm holding on to it for a long time."

Mr. Inada took off the cap of his medium brush pen and said,with the same brush strokes as at that time, he put the first stroke on the paper.Completely different from what I expected, the number of strokes piles up with the momentum of protruding from the paper. At the point where the original white space of the half paper is almost gone,the pen stopped. It was a wonderful two-letter word, “躊躇(hesitation).”

Mr. Inada left a letter saying that he was tired.


After the autumnal equinox, the days get shorter day by day.By the time we reach Zaimokuza Beach in November, it's already pitch black. Meanwhile, the glass of the flyer at the end of the path,it lights up brightly.When I cut my bike handle into the path like a moth attracted.Even though that fragrance tickles my nostrils and it's cold,I decided to stick to beach croquettes. I bought two croquettes and a cup of sake from the thermos at the liquor store and went to the beach. There are few human figures,only late dog walkers.I sit on the concrete embankment where I talked with Mr. Inada that day.My butt is cold but there is no wind so I can handle it.

Before it cools down, open the seal of the cup and take a sip.I warms up somehow.A few days after talking with Mr. Inada,He went to where the calligraphy class used to be,It felt like it had been abandoned on vacant land.There was an old man in the neighbor's garden, so I asked him,Certainly Mr. Inada was doing a calligraphy class,More than 10 years ago, an ambulance came and picked up Mr. Inada.The house was left empty,one day, it is said that the contractor has cleared the land and left it as it is.

Was it the first Zaimokuza beach in years since I had moved somewhere? "Or..."      I took out the paper cylinder I always carry around with me from my backpack.Looking back at Mr. Inada's calligraphy, it is still the same as that day.However, the letters that I reflexively wrote with my own handwriting without memory,I was also worried that it had become these two characters, which are more difficult to understand.At that time, I felt a faint heat on my stomach,I remembered that he had bought croquettes.Don't worry about black kites that can't see at night,However, I bite into it without taking it out of the bag so as not to expose it to the cold and cool it down.That day will be revived. I was worried about my handwriting,He regretted not asking why he had written the two letters.Mr. Inada, who had no memory of it, but made his way to the beach,there must have been some reason for him to hesitate. But it's already a labyrinth. Unlike in summer, the number of cars on the route134 that runs along the coast is reduced, and the number of stars visible above the sea increases in inverse proportion to that.To be precise, in addition to the stars, artificial satellites that shine conspicuously,And then there are the lights of the military planes that come and go between the bases in Kanagawa.

"I'm sure Inada-san in this light is here like this,I wonder if he called me..."

Since one cup was empty, I raised my hips,wipe off the sand from the concrete with your hands, spread out the paper like that day,another croquette was placed on top of it.







コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

10 Shakado time slip 【 Kamakura Thousand Tales】鎌倉千一夜〜隧道のはるか先

   From a small Okinawan restaurant near Jomyoji Temple, you can hear the sound of the sanshin(stringed instrument) followed by the applause of several people. "I've been praised so much, maybe I should drink more." "Mr. Maa, shouldn't you just leave it at that?" Masao, a regular customer, has been looking forward to showing off his sanshin, which he has learned by himself, while drinking awamori(okinawan sake) after retirement. Although the repertoire is few, he was able to respond to each customer's request because it was generally limiteded. Shima Uta, Nada Sosou, Tinsagu no Hana, Asadoya Yunta... After the song is finished, they will feel as if they are in Okinawa just by plucking the strings after having a glass in his mouth. The store manager also welcomed Masao's visit. "Maa-san, you're drinking more than usual today. It's not good to drink too much." "Hey, I've been drinking it for decades, so I know my limits. If I

11 Yoga mat dream trip【 Kamakura Thousand Tales】鎌倉千一夜

   Tsugumi grabbed her yoga mat and went to Zaimokuza beach.  Even in August, there are still no beachgoers early in the morning, and the only people there are surfers who are trying to swim outside of swimming hours and people walking their dogs.  As usual, when I stood on my mat, I chanted a mantra as I looked towards the distant island of Oshima, and then slowly moved from sun salutations to standing and sitting positions.  I woke up from a deep sleep and went into a state of wakefulness while heading to the beach, and now by doing asanas (yoga poses) She has entered a state of meditation.  Deep, dreamless sleep is said to be the supreme state in the Upanishads, but meditation is a state that surpasses it by keeping the mind and subconscious memory inactive while keeping the conscious mind active, so it confronts the atman (true self). It can be done.  After completing a set of asanas, Tsugumi's routine is to meditate on the mat.  Place her right foot on top of her left thigh, t

海面のゴールドカーペット Gold carpet laid on the surface of the sea

kamakura As if to redo the summer without lights The lights of Yuigahama stores and condominiums color the coastline at night without any gaps. Reflected on the calm water, they are like retro movie scenes It gives a momentary feeling as if it was trimmed only there. However, only today is different. The moon, which has grown from the depths of darkness to the maximum this fall, sits right above the city. Demonstrates a high-power reflector effect Spread a wide golden carpet toward what you see. Thanks to that gold carpet The depressed heart that continues to stay at home is sucked into move set Surrounded by horseshoe-shaped low mountains, the city has no exit. I entered, but at the end, I sat down as cozy as the moon overhead. It's a night without sound, but for some reason, hallucinations like a gramophone continue to be possessed. 灯火なき禍下の夏をやり直すかのように 由比ヶ浜の店舗やマンションの明かりが夜の海岸線を隙間なく彩る。 穏やかな水面に映るそれらはレトロな映画のシーンのように そこだけトリミングされたかのような刹那感を漂わせる。 ただし今日だけは違う。 闇の奥から近づき今秋最大にまで巨大化した月が街の直上に居座り