スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

10 Shakado time slip 【 Kamakura Thousand Tales】鎌倉千一夜〜隧道のはるか先

 


 From a small Okinawan restaurant near Jomyoji Temple, you can hear the sound of the sanshin(stringed instrument) followed by the applause of several people.

"I've been praised so much, maybe I should drink more."

"Mr. Maa, shouldn't you just leave it at that?"

Masao, a regular customer, has been looking forward to showing off his sanshin, which he has learned by himself, while drinking awamori(okinawan sake) after retirement. Although the repertoire is few, he was able to respond to each customer's request because it was generally limiteded. Shima Uta, Nada Sosou, Tinsagu no Hana, Asadoya Yunta... After the song is finished, they will feel as if they are in Okinawa just by plucking the strings after having a glass in his mouth. The store manager also welcomed Masao's visit.

"Maa-san, you're drinking more than usual today. It's not good to drink too much."

"Hey, I've been drinking it for decades, so I know my limits. If I was served such delicious sukudofu(smallfish pickles and tofu), wouldn't I go back several times?"

“Is that my fault?  If I put out another special one, I'm sure you'll drink until morning"

"What's my favorite?"

Masao repeats the prelude to "Nineteen-old's Spring" and questions the store manager.

“Don’t be like that broken jukebox. it's a nuisance to the customer"

"Then tell me!"

"I can't help it... this is it"

Masao was already so drunk that he couldn't even read what was on the TV in the store, but he could tell just by looking at his silhouette. Irabu. The official name is Erabu sea snake. A pitch-black sea snake is dried while still coiled up. It is a luxury item eaten by the royal court for its nourishment and tonicity.

"Hey, Irabu-chan, you're here! I never thought I'd meet you in Kamakura. Hurry up and feed me!"

"I thought so, and I made one soup."

When the store manager opened the lid of the pot, an unimaginable fragrance spread throughout the store. Masao showed the bowls that were first served to the customers at the two tables in the store.

"Wow~, stop it, stop it"

"You seem to have energy, so why don't you try eating it?"

"Skin like a brand-name wallet."

After enjoying the mixed reactions, Masao took a sip,

“Hmmm, delicious, another cup of awamori!”

After that, the excitement was like an Irabu soup festival.


"yeah?"

Masao was completely asleep. He remembers leaving the store, but he wakes up in a strange place, neither at home nor on the street. He can't open his eyes much because he's drunk, but even if he manages to open them, he can tell that it's already dawn. The joints of his body were so painful that he could not move them, so he thought he would stay like this for a while.

"I've crossed the limit. It's Irabu's fault. With that kind of look, that scent, and that deliciousness, no one can stop me. Damn it... But what is this smell? It's sweet and a little tangy. It's like... I was in Okinawa just now, but now it feels like I'm in a foreign country."

In his daze, he tried to think of a way out of the situation, but his brain wouldn't work either. He managed to open his unopened eyes a little more and looked a little to the side within the range where his head could move. There is something that cuts out the night sky at dawn in a mysterious way.

"What is that point? Two triangles stretched into the sky. Did I see something like that?"

With a little more effort, Masao opened his eyes and saw that it was the roof. But as far as Masao knows, he's never seen a landscape with two conical roofs like this.

"If I remember correctly, there was something like this in the countryside of Italy. It had a name like Berobero, but there's no way it's in such a place..."

A new caramel-like scent begins to overlap with the scent of cinnamon.

“No matter how I think about it, this scent in such a scenery, isn’t it a foreign country?”

The more he tried to think, the more headaches he had, and the more he got drunk, the more he lost consciousness. 

"I can't go to Italy in one night."

"No, I can't go wrong. I went to Alberobello. No doubt, the shape of that roof. I looked it up, what was that roof? And then Italy. I wonder, too. I had an appletart there. The cinnamon works well and the surface is crispy with caramel, and it's delicious."

"So, when you woke up, you was sleeping on the futon at home..."

"My wife was angry."

"That's right. Don't go home in the morning and say something that doesn't make sense."

"She told you to lie about it, too. Well, the first thing I woke up was the Kamakura police, and my wife came to pick me up and put me to sleep on the futon."

"How did you go to the police?"

"I don't remember that."

Conversation with the store manager tends to get cut off today, and I can hear the two girls at the back table talking.

"The cake over there is really delicious, isn't it? It's peach this season, but the standard apple tart that's available all year round is the best."

The two men reacted strongly to those words.

"Oh yeah, cinnamon works and tastes like an adult."

Masao tilts his head toward the store manager.

“Maa-san, cinnamon is Nikki.”

Masao gave a big nod.

"But well, that space is nice too. It feels like I'm in a foreign country... What country is that feeling?"

"What are you talking about, that's  Alberobello, it's Italian!"

Hearing that far, Masao couldn't help but turn around from the counter,

"Where is that cake shop?"

While the two girls were on guard against the sudden incident,

"It's in the back of Omachi."

"It's like a hideout, just down a small alley from the main road."

Masao took out a map on his smartphone and had him point out the location. The store manager also came out of the kitchen curiously and looked at the screen. Looking at the place pointed to, the two old men nodded slightly,

"Maa-san, how often did you pass through the Shakado tunnel while drunk?"

"Indeed, my whole body hurts here and there. I managed to get over that fence somehow."

The girl knows very well that she is raised in Kamakura,

"Eh, the cut through the Shakado hall became impassable a long time ago, didn't it?"

"When I was childhood, I could pass through. It's true that if you go through that passage from this shop, it's quick to reach that cake shop, isn't it?"

The manager is half dumbfounded

"Maa-san, you can't drink today."

Saying that, he returned to the kitchen.

"I just remembered that I was laying down and smelling that Nikki, and a big black snake was crawling next to my face and I passed out."

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

11 Yoga mat dream trip【 Kamakura Thousand Tales】鎌倉千一夜

   Tsugumi grabbed her yoga mat and went to Zaimokuza beach.  Even in August, there are still no beachgoers early in the morning, and the only people there are surfers who are trying to swim outside of swimming hours and people walking their dogs.  As usual, when I stood on my mat, I chanted a mantra as I looked towards the distant island of Oshima, and then slowly moved from sun salutations to standing and sitting positions.  I woke up from a deep sleep and went into a state of wakefulness while heading to the beach, and now by doing asanas (yoga poses) She has entered a state of meditation.  Deep, dreamless sleep is said to be the supreme state in the Upanishads, but meditation is a state that surpasses it by keeping the mind and subconscious memory inactive while keeping the conscious mind active, so it confronts the atman (true self). It can be done.  After completing a set of asanas, Tsugumi's routine is to meditate on the mat.  Place her right foot on top of her left thigh, t

Travel with Betty ベティとの旅 【有給休暇 〜 自分しかできない仕事はない しかしその人生は自分しかできない】Paid vacation ~ There is no work I can do only This life can only be my own

The difference between weekends and weekdays is whether most people work or not, and whether they care about it or not.  The reason why Japanese people do not rest well even though they say they can rest at work is a feeling of alienation like being outside the crowd of people who wore suits when they went out to town.  If you go to nature, you won't feel that feeling, but you can not escape from the notion of a printed weekday, and even in the view of the lakeside, you can't get out of your head about work, and even if it's a weekday  I will keep working and take a rest with everyone.  A holiday is not a day to fulfill a given right, but a day to break off the routine and unroll the wound spring.  When the computer shuts down, it performs an operation called defragmentation.  This is to fill the gaps that occur when writing the input information to the hard disk to organize the space in the disk, and this defragmentation is also necessary for the human brain.